Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's too Late to Apologize (it's too laaaate)

I apologize for my absence last week. As you know, I moved to New York last Sunday, and then I started my new job on Monday. Everything has been very hectic! Added to that, the internet in my apartment was on the fritz all last week, so I couldn't update!

Speaking of my apartment, you'll be happy to know that I did find a place to live, and it's in Middle Village, NY. Irony of ironies, Middle Village is the old "Little Italy" of New York, where all the mobsters used to live and hang out. I guess I just can't get away from the Italians! Many "notables" are buried in the St. John's Cemetary here, including John Gotti, Lucky Luciano (boss of the Genovese crime family), and Carlo Gambino (boss of the Gambino crime family).

Middle Village is located in between Brooklyn and Queens, so it's about a half hour commute on the subway to my job in the Lower East Side. Not too bad, all things considered. The best (worst?) thing about my subway ride is that I get out at the Canal Street stop every day to go to work. As you may know, Canal St is the infamous Chinatown street that carries VERY realistic knock-offs of every bag imaginable -- Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, and Fendi to name a few. While I've always been a fan of the "real thing," it's very tempting to buy a couple $30 knock-offs to diversify my collection! It'll be our secret. :P

No comments: