Monday, June 9, 2008

Bridesmaids do POB

As I mentioned previously, two of my bridesmaids, Allyson and MOH Lauren, went to POB in Tyson's Corner, outside of DC, last week to try on dresses. Over the course of the afternoon, they tried on numerous dresses, including those that I'd selected and lots others (who can resist the call of an afternoon fashion show?). And, what my faithful bridesmaids returned to me was a full report of their findings, complete with pictures and documentation. Without further ado, I give you their scouting report:













Their favorite dress was one I had not originally picked out. It was very elegant, but I thought it was missing something. When I went back to POB last weekend with FMIL, I tried on this dress, and added a brooch in the middle of the empire, which added a lot, but I still think it may be too "bridesmaid-y" for me.

For the rest of the dresses, I'll present them to you in true runway shoot style. It's the First (and only) Annual LBGM Bridesmaid Fashion Shoot!













Allyson makes a perfect model. She's got perfect posture and a killer smile. Of course, by the looks of her clenching hands, I can't help but wonder if she's plotting my early demise. I swear I'll pick a dress soon, and I promise to keep the Bridezilla in check!













I'm pretty sure this is Lauren's diva pose, but it could just as easily her ghetto "I'm gonna beat yer a**" nature coming out. By the looks of things, I've decided against both of these dresses (for fear of my own safety).













You may recognize this as one of the dresses that I had originally chosen as possible bridesmaid dresses. Well, don't let their smiles and diva poses fool you... they hated it. Personally, I think they look great, but maybe I'm just biased towards the dress.

Unfortunately, they weren't able to try on the "tip of the shoulder" dress that I loved because it wasn't available at that POB location. So, I'm keeping it in the mix, but other than that, it's pretty much back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sadly obvious that I was exhausted and hung over. Sorry I dont make a better model, that wasnt my diva look, more my - I love Laura and want to find a great dress but really also miss my pajamas right now - look. But again, NYC POB here I/we come!