Sunday, March 2, 2008

Proud as a Peacock

We met with Jennifer and Nicole (event planners) at Belle Mer on Saturday to discuss preliminary ideas (rentals, colors, etc). It was a very productive meeting! I told them my "vision" for the color scheme and showed them my inspiration picture:
I love the colors in this peacock feather -- deep blues, teals, aqua, and a hint of fuschia. Jennifer showed us several different tablecloths in the blue family, and I found one sheer that may be a possibility. We also looked at china and centerpiece ideas. Who knew there were so many details and options to consider? FI, of course, is solely concerned with the lighting. We want the event to have a NYC/Vegas nightclub/lounge feel, so lighting is crucial. We saw some lighted tables and even talked about a lighted dance floor. We'd love to have something similar to this:


or this:


Jennifer and Nicole are going to work on pulling our ideas together and creating a mock-up of table choices. We'll go back in about a month to view these and make adjustments, changes, etc. Who knows, by then my whole color scheme may be different. I do like the idea of incorporating peacock feathers into the decor, though. Very chic and modern!

No comments: