Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Officially a Catholic Bride!

As most of ya'll know, I have been taking RCIA classes since last September. These are the classes you take before converting to Catholicism. On Easter Sunday, I was officially confirmed! It was a really great day, as my mom was in town and FI's family also joined us. In fact, FMIL was my sponsor (along with my FSIL, who couldn't be there)! We had dinner at the Chart House, and then went to Marsh Chapel (on BU's campus) for the evening Mass. Here are some of the pictures:


Me and FMIL:

Mom and FI:


FMIL and Gram:


Me and Brother Sam (my RCIA teacher):


Me and FI outside Marsh Chapel:


Doesn't my Lilly Pulitzer dress scream "spring"? It was a little cold to be wearing it, but it was the perfect Easter dress! Also, you can't really see it in the pictures, but FI gave me a fabulous Coach bag as a confirmation gift! It's the brown monogram slouch bag, with lavender scarf print and patent leather down the middle. Very cute, and he picked it out all by himself!

On the more religious side of confirmation gifts, I received a very nice set of pearl rosary beads with a brass confirmation case from my mom, who has been very supportive of my decision to convert. I was very glad to have her at my confirmation! Additionally, I received a sweet card and token from Gram. Finally, FMIL surprised me with her mother's ("Ma" to FI) set of lovingly worn and cherished rosary beads. I was very touched by this gesture, and I hope that I can one day be the kind of Catholic, mother, and grandmother that she was.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

What a wonderful accomplishment. Congratulations! I was going to comment that your dress is so pretty, but you beat me to it!