Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Hunt for Bridesmaids' Dresses

Bridesmaid dresses are proving to be a thorn in my side. I suppose it's my own fault for not really knowing what I want, whether it be color, cut or style. Every time I think I've found something I like, I change my mind a few days later. It's very frustrating (and driving my bridesmaids nuts). I do like the idea of having my bridesmaids were different styles or colors, though.

Our color scheme has become a little more purple than I had originally intended, but the blue and teal are still there! But, it can be difficult to find dresses that matches these colors (oddly enough). Here are some of the dresses that I have recently found:

I love the "ombre" effect of this Mary L Couture dress. Plus, it includes all of my colors! However, I'm scared that it may be too "beachy" for our formal affair. If we were having our wedding outdoors at Belle Mer, as opposed to in a church, then this would be perfect. The one more formal part of the dress, which isn't really noticeable in the picture, is that the bodice is covered in sequins. I think it would also look good if one or two of the girls wore this dress, and the others wore a similar style in solid blue/teal or purple.

Again, I love the color of this Aidan Mattox dress, but it may be too "beachy." Maybe FI and I should just move our ceremony outside!

Today, I found yet another dress that I love ... but this time, it may actually be the perfect dress! Of course, since nothing can ever be easy, I have no idea who makes this dress or if it's even still available. I saw it on The Bride's Cafe blog, http://www.thebridescafe.typepad.com/. It's not actually being worn as a bridesmaid dress, so the designer's name isn't listed. It's the long blue and teal dress on the right (looks to be chiffon):

If anyone knows who makes this dress, or has any ideas on how to find out, PLEASE let me know! Coincidently, I'd like to point out that this wedding took place in Newport, RI! It's at the NY Harbour Court Yacht club. FI and I looked at having our rehearsal dinner there, but nixed it in favor of actually having it on a yacht. :)

No comments: