Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bridesmaids' Dresses, Part II

As I'm waiting for Janie over at The Bride's Cafe to get back to me with information about the teal and blue dress I previously wrote about, I've found a few other dresses that I like at Priscilla of Boston. Since I bought my dress from POB, my bridesmaids will get a discount on theirs (although I don't remember how much). The good thing about buying "conventional" bridesmaid dresses is the ease with which they can find matching styles, fabrics, and colors. There are also POB stores throughout the US, so my girls won't have a problem finding the dress.

The material for these gowns is silk satin chiffon, which is traditional but not taffeta (I HATE taffeta). I'm not sure which color I would want, since it's hard to tell the exact color online, but probably either "spa blue," "imperial," or "mint julep." The colors may even be complimentary, so that the girls could decide which color they wanted. I like that the colors are the pastel versions of my reception colors. It makes them seem more elegant and classic. Since my dress is very Grace Kelly-classic, these colors and dresses may coordinate the best.

Of the POB dresses, there's the option of strapless or sleeveless (actually "tip of the shoulder sleeves") in the long gowns, or cute little cap sleeves in the shorter one. As of now (which we all know how quickly that changes), I'm leaning towards floor length. However, I will probably still let the girls choose which style they want (although I have a feeling most of them are going to choose strapless).


Dress #1 in Mint Julep: http://priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?gid=2&sfid=50674&f=


Dress #2: http://priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?gid=2&sfid=50667&f= (note that I'm not actually considering yellow as a dress color, it's just here to show the style ... so don't worry, Allyson).

Dress #3 in Mint Julep: http://priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?gid=2&sfid=50672&f=

After clicking on each link, you can select and view the different colors available. All 3 of these dresses come in the 3 colors listed above (and oddly enough, they look different in each picture). I am going to try and make a trip to POB next week to look at color swatches.

Which dress do you like best so far?

No comments: