Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Unphotogenity (It's a Word)

If it's not a word, it should be a word, because it's the only thing that properly describes me and FI. We are probably the most unphotogenic people on the planet. In the 2+ years we've been together, I think there's maybe 2 good pictures of us. Total. Either his eyes are closed or I'm squinting. Inevitably, one of us (and usually both of us) will hate the picture.

Case in point -- FI's brother got married a couple of weeks ago, and I was looking forward to using some of the photographs of me and FI for our wedding website and the blog. Unfortunately, despite the fact that he looked quite dashing in his custom suit, and I was actually having a decent hair and make-up day, we still didn't get one good shot! Not ONE!

This, of course, makes me worried about our own wedding day pictures. What if I'm squinting in all of them? It seems that whenever I smile, my eyes close of their own volition. If I try to keep them open, I look like I'm in a perpetual state of shock. And, I must be part vampire, because as soon as I go outside, my eyes become super sensitive to the sun and they immediately close. I pity our photographer. I think I need to write up a list of all our photogenic shortcomings and give them to Kristin now. She's obviously going to need all the time she can get to develop ways of combating our unphotogenity... afterall, we've had a combined 56 years of doing the ugly squinty shots.

1 comment:

Ellen Mint said...

I am super unphotogenic too. My trick will be to aim more for a candid shot. I do better when not attempting to pose. Once I do that everything all falls apart.