Friday, July 4, 2008

Here Comes the Bridesmaid: Part I

Finally! MOH and I had a successful bridesmaid dress shopping trip on Wednesday at "Here Comes the Bridesmaid" in NYC. There were TONS of dresses available there, and unlike many places where the dresses are in the back and they bring out ones they "think" you'll like, at HCTB, all the dresses are out front for you to look through. I found many Jim Hjelm and Watters gowns that I loved, along with a few Bari Jay and Bill Levkoff ones, too. I've narrowed it down here to some of our favorites (just remember to focus on the styles and not the colors):

Dress #1:
Watters, Wtoo Collection. This dress was cute, but it was tea-length, which seemed to make my short MOH even shorter. Probably not the best length for my shorter bridesmaids (i.e. all of them). I think that either cocktail length or floor length is the best way to go, especially since it's more formal anyway. http://www.watters.com/product.php?coll=wtoo&showid=644

Dress #2: This Grecian-style dress was gorgeous! It was also very light and "flowy," but I'm also scared it's too billowy and full to stand next to my gown. As I look at it in the pictures, though, I think it's still a contender.

Dress #3:
Jim Hjelm, Fall 2008 Collection. I love the iridescent color of this Jim Hjelm dress, and MOH loved the kimono-style wrap sash. Although I think the color is too pinkish, they have several other iridescent colors that would work well. Oddly enough, this dress is "satin faced taffeta" which, as you may recall, was practically a dirty word to me. Taffeta, however, doesn't look so bad in pictures, and I think it works with everyone's body type. http://www.jimhjelmoccasions.com/dress_db_occ/display_dress.php?imageno=5878&multimatch=x

Dress #4:
This is the type of fabric and dress that I had initially envisioned. It's silk charmeuse, very elegant and classy, but with a touch of sexiness. I LOVE the back on this dress! However, I'm not sure all of my bridesmaids will like it and it's clingy fabric.

Dress #5:
Another Jim Hjelm dress, satin and lace. I think this one would be very complimentary to my gown, but I'm not completely in love with the straight A-line skirt. http://www.jimhjelmoccasions.com/dress_db_occ/display_dress.php?imageno=5810&multimatch=x

Stay tuned for Part II!

1 comment:

robert said...

You have got very nice pics. Love your dress specially the brown wedding gown.