Friday, April 4, 2008

Sheer Genius

On Thursday, I had an interview for a summer legal internship in NYC. Instead of taking the super early train, I decided to go up Wednesday night this time. So glad that I did! I was much more refreshed and better prepared for my 10:30 am interview. I think it went well, but keep your fingers crossed!

After my interview, I headed over to Magnolia's Linens in the Upper East Side. I had seen a Craiglist posting that they were selling table linens for up to 50% off to make room for new stock. Since Belle Mer is charging us $25-30 per sheer overlay RENTAL, I wanted to see if I could find something cheaper. Sure enough, I did! I found a perfect organza sheer overlay for $25 each. The great news is -- we BOUGHT them. Thus, we can resell them after our wedding and recoup some of the expense. They're a vibrant, shimmery blue that changes color depending on the light/which way you look at it. They can look more purple or pink. It fits perfectly with our "peacock" color scheme.

As soon as I get my camera back, I'll take some pictures!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm getting ready to be a beantown transplant from the south. I'm currently in transition from Savannah, GA to DC and then up to Boston. Besides the background, i'm going to use a peacock theme in my wedding Oct. 09. Do you have pictures of those linens, I'd totally consider purchasing some of them from you after your wedding in May.

LegalBeagle said...

Hi Sara,
I just saw your comment, so sorry for the delay in response. We are actually selling everything after the wedding. Right now, I have those sheers (22-23) and some vases. I'm also in the process of having some satin napkins made that match. Once I get them, I'm sure I'll blog about it. We can chat later about the stuff, and I can send you some pics.

Good luck on your move!