Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Rose By Any Other Name...

...would be just as expensive. I had originally thought our flower budget would remain small, due to my apathy towards flowers in general and distaste of huge "poofy" arrangements. Unfortunately, I was sorely mistaken. It seems that orchids (my flower of choice) are expensive, and beyond that, you have to rent all the vases, candles, stands, etc. to place said orchids in. Thus, my simple of dream of submerged orchid centerpieces are costing upwards of $200/table!

Another option would be to have FMIL's friend, Gig, do them. She has taken many floral classes, and I'm sure would do an excellent job. FI and I would only need to purchase the flowers and vases. This may be a good way for me to help out with the arrangements without stressing out about it the day before or day of the wedding.

Finally, maybe we should just forgo flowers altogether, or at least greatly reduce them. We could have all candle centerpieces, which is always a very elegant look. Or maybe even come up with something entirely different. Who knows? I'm open to suggestions...

3 comments:

Jenna said...

$10,000 wedding just posted about a wedding that was done for less than $15,000 because she used candles instead of flowers.
http://tenthousandonly.blogspot.com/2008/03/271-15000.html

Allyson said...

I want only candles...you know that...if you're nice I MIGHT let you borrow that idea. Other thoughts..do flowers on every other table and candles on the others, so its rotated from table to table. OR let your FMIL's friend do it. It will make both FMIL and her friend feel like they are having a bigger part in the big deal. Always good to make other people feel special around your wedding. (And yes, apparently I need a new career, I think I'm good at this stuff!)

Unknown said...

I agree with shrager's every other table idea but I already told you that. MOB