Thursday, February 21, 2008

***Wedding Dress Update***

After leaving a message for Josette at Saks on Tuesday, she finally called me back today. The conversation went something like this:

LegalBeagle: "Hi Josette, this is LegalBeagle, and I was calling to see if you'd talked to David (Reem Acra rep) about my dress."

Josette: "I'm sorry, what is this in regards to? Have I met with you already? I seem to have lost your paperwork..."

LB: "Yes, on SUNDAY, you were my salesperson. The Reem Acra dress, remember? The one that would have to be specially ordered, and David was going to check and see if Reem Acra could even do it?"

J: "Reem Acra? Oh, was it one of the trunk show dresses?"

LB: "Yes, I tried it on about 3 times and spent a good half hour talking to you and David about it."

J: "Oh, riiiight. Let me call David and get back in touch with you."

Can you believe her? This is a $8100 dress. This would be a HUGE commission for her, and she not only LOST my paperwork but apparently completely forgot about me. She is by far the WORST salesperson on earth. Then, she has the nerve to call me back and leave this message:

"Hi Laura, I just spoke with David at Reem Acra, and they can do the dress. It'd be a one of a kind original, off the runway JUST for YOU dress. They're holding the material and everything for YOU, so you need to call me back immediately and let me know."

Seriously?! First, she didn't remember me, and now I'm supposed to drop everything and cough up $10,000 on the spot. The nerve. I think I'm going to try and find David's number and call him myself. I just can't bear giving Josette the commission.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't you dare make that commission on that woman easy - ridiculous! You'd get better service at the McDonald's on St. Charles!