Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Hallmark Holiday!

Valentine's Day holds a special power over everyone, because even though we all know it's a "fake" holiday, we still go out to an expensive dinner and buy cards, flowers, and candy. It's quite the impressive advertising campaign. I'm sure the boys would be fine with by-passing it altogether, so it must be the girls who are perpetuating this holiday. Well, duh! It's Valentine's Day, it's the day of love, don't you loooove me? Ok, so maybe it's an acceptable, if fake, holiday.

With this said, FI demonstrated his love and affection to me by making reservations (a whole WEEK in advance!) at a new restaurant for tonight. We did, however, decide to forgo gifts this year (except for the requisite card, of course). This year, the puppies got their daddy a very cute card, as well. However, since the only cards I could find were "from the DOG" (singular), we had to do a little creative editing to make it from both of them. Let's just say that I'll leave it to Hallmark to do all the drawings in the future...

And, so I leave you with a cute puppy Valentine and a hearty "Happy Valentine's Day!"


No comments: