Friday, September 12, 2008

Time Flies

Wow, it's been forever since my last post. I apologize for the absence, but it's been a crazy time in the Legal Beagle household. As I mentioned previously, I had interviews the week before classes started, and those actually continue through next week. So, in addition to all the craziness of beginning my 2L year, I've had to conquer it all in a suit (since my interviews would often be immediately before, during or after class). Things have somewhat settled down now, though, so I can get back to the wedding grind!

UPDATES:

The Save-the-Dates have all been addressed, and they have been sitting nicely on my living room table for the past week. Yep, I've been so busy that I haven't even had time to go to the post office to mail them! It is first on my list for tomorrow, though. Once they're out, I'll put up pictures of them.

Next weekend, FI and I are going to Newport, ostensibly to meet with the florist and find a cake baker. We may also swing by Belle Mer. We have been planning this trip for weeks now, though, and something always comes up to divert our plans. However, it is DEFINTELY happening next weekend. We're almost 8 months out, and I have yet to meet with my florist outside the initial meeting before we hired her. I'm excited to show her my table sheers and explain our color "scheme" (if you can call it that).

We have also found our ceremony musicians, which is a relief since we didn't really think about needing them initially. The only problem has been in actually getting a contract. The first one they mailed took forever to get to us (even though they mailed it from Somerset, MA), and then it didn't include the vocalist (only the trio musicians). So, in order to save some time, I emailed them FI's fax number, and they assured me they would fax the new contract today. Apparently, though, no fax has arrived (as of 4pm EST). If I hadn't heard great things about this group, I might be worried... ok, I am worried period. But, I really love their sound and the vocalist is amazing. They've also performed at St. Mary's in Bristol, so they're aware of the acoustics and protocol with the church. If we ever actually sign an agreement with them, I'm sure they'll perform beautifully for the ceremony.

Ok, that's the update for now, but check back soon for the STD pictures!

No comments: